M.Phil :EnglishMizoram University
Price on request
Mizoram University in the current Scenario has changed immensely since the recent move of the main administration to its permanent campus at Tanhril . The University is now well consolidated in its main campus however, the Sports Cell, the Medical Clinic and Central Library as well as a few remaining academic Departments, continue to function in Aizawl and will be moved to the permanent campus shortly.
The course was established in 1979 with one Lecturer under the erstwhile North-Eastern Hill University, Mizoram Campus. The department now functions with one Professor, four Readers and three Lecturers under Mizoram University. The maximum capacity of the Department is 25 seats per semester. The department has now developed adequate research base, and M.Phil Programme will be introduced from August 2008. The main thrust of research areas for the present are Ethnographic/Tribal Narratives, Indian Literature in English and in English Translation, and Women's Writing.
PART : A Ist Semester (Compulsory)
1. Composition and Research Methodology
2. Contemporary Critical Theory and Literature
PART : B Ist Semester (Optional Courses)
1. Indian Literature in English and in English Translation
2. Literature of the Indian Diaspora.
3. The Multi-Ethnic / Cultural Voices: The American Experience (Literatures of
African-American, Jewish-American, Native-American, Asian-American)
4. Contemporary British Fiction
5. New Literatures in English
6. Women's Writing
7. Ethnographic/ Tribal Narratives
8. Dalit Writing