M.Phil. Food & Nutrition (PART TIME)Kovai Medical Center Research & Educational Trust
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
M.Sc Food & Nutrition with 55% or above.
The Vision of the department is to offer high quality knowledge both in theory and practical and to mould the students by providing necessary skills required by the upcoming Food processing industries, Multi speciality Hospitals and Health Clubs. Mere academic knowledge is not sufficient to acquire these requirements.
Further, to fulfill the appetite of the students community, Nutrition Programmes are arranged in rural areas, providing opportunity to the students to counsel the patients and to enhance practical training. We provide quality education to the students through these activities. The department has good tie up with hospitals and Processing Industries.
Dynamic Versatiles Excel as..
1. Nutritionist in hospitals, IT industries, weight management clinics, health care clubs and schools
2. Food technology
3. Food quality control manager
4. Product development manager
5. Community researcher to exhibit nutritional status
6. Entrepreneurs in the processing field
7. Community nutritionist in central & state government intervention programmes & NGOS
Highlights and Achievements
* The Department has produced five university ranks including one gold medal.
* Students won overall championship and cash prize in five intercollegiate competitions.
* Students won two prizes for poster and model presentation in National level seminars.
* Staff received first prize for poster presentation in State level Seminar.
* Organized Nutri Rich Snack Feast Exhibition concentrating on all age groups.
* Organized one week Fruits and Vegetable preservation training by inviting professionals from food and Nutrition Board, Government of India.
* Organized Job training on Baking and Confectionary by inviting professional from Baking Institute of Technology, Chennai.
The department offers M.Phil degree in Food Services and Nutrition with Computer Applications