M.A in Political ScienceShivaji University
Price on request
M.A PART I (COMPULSORY)
1) Integral and managerial view of public administration, Scope and
2) Decision - making - liberal democratic and Marxist approach to
the study of public administration.
3) Bases of Organization, Scalar process, Span of control, Unity of
command, centralization and Decentralization, Line Staff and Auxiliary
4) Public corporation; problem of autonomy and Accountability.
5) Role of Political parties and pressure groups and public opinion in the
process of policy formulation.
6) Issues in civil service; Recruitment, Generalist and specialists, Neutrality of
civil service, committed Bureaucracy, Whitely Councils.
7) Financial Administration; Budgetary process, parliamentary Control over
finance, Accounting and Audit.
8) Administration Law, Delegated Legislation, administrative Tribunals.
9) Problem of corruption, Ombudsman, Lokpal and Lokayukta.
10) Administrative Improvement, Scientific Management, O and M
Modernization of bureaucracy, downsizing of bureaucracy.
M.A. Part I (Optional)
DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION IN INDIA
1) Concept of Development, Nature and Scope and importance of Development
Administration, Similarities and Differences between Public Administration
and Development Administration.
2) Characteristics of Administration in Developing countries, Ecology of
3) Policies of Development with special reference to Agriculture, Industry,
Weaker sections 09 SCS/STS/Women and child and Health.
4) New trends in peoples self development and empowerment with reference to
DRDA programmes and EGS, special co-component plan for SCs and
Tribal-Subplan for STs.
5) Machinery of Development - Planning at the Central level - Role of
Planning Commission and N.D.C. in making national plans. Five year plans
- An evaluation.
6) Planning at the state level - State planning boards - Objective and functions
- their role in regional development.
7) Planning at the local level - role of District Planning Committee in making
District Plan, Block Level Planning.
8) Rural and Urban Development - role of community development and
Panchayati Raj in rural development - 73rd Amendment and its implications.
9) Role of Municipalties, Municipal Corporations in Urban Development - 74th
Amendment and its implications.
10) Role of International agencies in development - World Bank I.M.F., I.F.C.
and Asian development bank.
M.A PART II
GROUP D COMPULSORY PAPERS
Paper III : Theory and Practice of Comparative Politics
Paper IV : Theory and Practice of International Politics
GROUP D1 OPTIONAL PAPERS
(The Students may choose any two of the following )
Paper IX : Contemporary Political Theory
Paper X : Ancient Indian Political Thought
Paper XI : Government and Politics in Maharashtra
Paper XII : Administrative Thought.
Paper XIII : Federal Theory and Practice
Paper XIV : Foreign Policy and Diplomacy.
Paper XV : Western Political Thought
Paper XVI : Indian Administration.