M.Sc. BiochemistrySHARDA GROUP OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Price on request
- New delhi
About the course
* Biochemistry as a branch of study is gaining added impetus with each passing day. An innumerably large number of students opt for this branch of study considering the fact that there exists vast employment opportunities for those with M.Sc and even Degree certificates.These candidates are absorbed in Research institutions and alsas faculty in various colleges and Institutions. Adequate opportunity alsexists for them tbe selected as scientists, research officers, research associates and as chemical examiners.
* Students in biochemistry learn that although there are a vast number of different biomolecules many are complex and large molecules ,called polymers, that are composed of similar repeating subunits, called monomers, each class of polymeric biomolecule has a different set of subunit types.
* Students in biochemistry study that the chemical properties of important biological molecules, like proteins, in particular are the chemistry of enzyme-catalyzed reactions.
* The biochemistry of cell metabolism and the endocrine system has been emphasised. Other areas of biochemistry include the genetic code (DNA, RNA), protein synthesis, cell membrane transport, and signal transduction where students gain abundance of knowledge.
* The main sectors in this field are
o Cancer Research – It includes the study of biochemical changes induced by cancer promoters, cytokines and growth factors in cancer treatment, the mechanisms of peroxisome proliferators-induced liver cancer and the study of mitochondria as regulators of cell death.
o Cell Biology- Characterization of cardiac derivatives of embryonic stem cells.
o Environmental Biochemistry – It includes the study of metal binding proteins and that of selenium, potassium and calcium and metal contaminations in fishes.
o Enzymology- It includes the study of enzyme structure and mechanism and immobilized enzymes.
o Food and Nutrition- It deals with the antioxidants and free radicals, biochemistry of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids and diet and cholesterol metabolism.
o Hormone Research- It involves the phytoestrogen research.
o Signal Transduction- It involves the study of biochemistry of intracellular calcium and the signal transduction mechanisms in normal and leukemia cells.
o Toxicology- It includes chemical carcinogenesis, cytochrome P450 and genotoxicity testing.
o Neurochemistry- It deals with the molecular and cellular pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases.
o Molecular Biology and Biotechnology- It is the analysis of restriction enzymes and DNA methylases.