M.Sc in Child Health (Paediatric) NursingMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
This course is designed to assist students in developing expertise and in-depth understanding
in the filed of Pediatric Nursing. It will help students to appreciate the child as a holistic individual
and develop skill to function as neonatal and pediatric nurse specialist. It will further enable the
student to function as educator, manager and researcher in the filed of Pediatric nursing.
· Historical development of Pediatrics and Pediatric Nursing
· Difference between child and adult care
· Philosophy of paediatric care
· Changing trends in Pediatric Nursing
· Role of family in child care
· Community-based nursing of the child and family
· Ethical and cultural issues in pediatric care
· Role of paediatric nurse
· Rights of children and special laws and ordinance relating to children.
· Current status of child health in India;
· National goals,
· Five year plans
· National health programs related to child health.
Assessment of pediatric clients
· History taking
· Developmental assessment
· Physical assessment
· Nutritional assessment
· Family assessment
· Nursing process in care of children
Nursing management of the sick/ hospitalized child
· Meaning of hospitalization of the child, preparation for
hospitalization, effects of hospitalization on the child and family
· Stressors and reactions related to developmental stages, play activities
for ill / hospitalized child.
· Nursing care of hospitalized child and family - principles and