M.Sc. General BiotechnologyGoa University
Price on request
- Goa velha
M.Sc. General Biotechnology. Independent research topics are undertaken by the M.Sc. students as a part of their curriculum through the 3rd & 4th Semester and students are also assisted for placement for their summer training in R&D laboratories of recognized Institutes/Industries after the second semester.
The Department is actively involved in R&D work and 2 patents have already been filed in addition to several publications. The research thrust areas in the Department are:
1) Biodegradation of oil spills & tar balls by microbial consortia
2) Agarases, alginate lyases, xylanases, lipases & proteases of special characteristics from marine systems.
3) Toxins & other bioactive compounds from bacteria & higher marine organisms.
4) Biodiversity & ecology of hypersaline bacteria.
5) RAPD studies in sea weeds, Tissue culture.
6) Bioremediation of heavy metals with SRB.
The Department has excellent teaching/research facilities and has active collaboration with the National Institute of Oceanography, Goa. It has also been identified by the Australian High Commission for future international research collaborations.