M.Sc (H.Sc) IN CLOTHING & TEXTILERani Durgavati University
Price on request
1. Preparation of fabric for dyeing & printing-. Scouring, bleaching, desizing
2. Reagents used & their application
3. Specific preparatory steps for cotton, wool, silk & manmade fiber
4. Equipment used at cottage & industrial level for yarn, fabric & price goods
1. Classification of Dyes
2. Color & chemical constitution of dyes
3. Dyeing with chemical dyes
4.Direct, reactive, vat, sulphur, azo (for cellulose)
5. Acid, metal complex, chrome mordent (for protein)
6. Dyeing with natural dyes
7 Dyeing machine for fibers, yarns & fabrics
8. Industrial dyeing practices
1. Introduction to printing
2. Method of printing
3. Thickening agents & auxiliaries for printing
4, Preparation of printing paste
5. Style of printing - Styles and methods of printing traditionally used in India.
6. Special printing procedure- transfer printing, flock printing
1. Introduction to knitting- definition of knitting, basic structural terms and
Principle of knitting technology. Difference between knits and woven.
2. Basic mechanical principles of knitting technology, elements of knitted looped
Structure, four primary base structures (plain, rib, interlock, purl).
3. Weft knitting and warps knitting- terms and definition used, comparison of weft and warp knitting.
1. Weft knitting- Basic structure, stitches, designing of weft- knit structure, needle
and yarn selection for weft knitting.
2. Warp knitting- basic warp knit, structures and their representation
Tricot and Raschel knits- principle, machines and production methods.
3.Knitted garments- Cutting, stitching & Quality control of knitted garments.