M.Sc in Nephro - Urology NursingMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
The course is designed to assist students in developing expertise and in depth understanding in
the field of Nephro and Urological Nursing. It will help students to develop advanced skills for nursing
intervention in various nephro and urological conditions. It will enable the students to function as a
nephro and urology nurse practitioner / specialist and provide quality care. It will further enable the
students to function as educator, manager and researcher in the field of nephro and urology nursing.
· Historical development : trends and issues in the field of
nephro and urological nursing.
· Nephro and urological problems.
· Concepts, principles and nursing perspectives.
· Ethical and legal issues.
Evidence based nursing and its application in nephro and
urological nursing. (to be incorporated in all the units).
· Major health problems - urinary dysfunction, urinary tract
infections, glomerular disorders, obstructive disorders and
other urinary disorders.
· Risk factors associated with nephro and urological
conditions - hereditary, psychosocial factors, smoking,
alcoholism, dietary habits, cultural and ethnic
· Health promotion, disease prevention, life style
modification and its implications to nursing