M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:CAD/CAMSardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Price on request
* Established in 1961, The Department of Mechanical engineering now offers Undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering, two Post Graduate courses and also has facilities for research work leading to a Doctorate degree.
* In 1988, an intensive survey of various industries revealed the need for an Engineering Degree Program that covered both Technological and Managerial aspects of Manufacturing. Thus was established Production Engineering.
* This Department has 35 experienced staff, of which every third faculty member has a doctorate degree. The Department has over a dozen laboratories with sophisticated equipments like Wind Tunnels and C.N.C. Machines. The course was designed keeping in view industrial and research needs. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
* The Department has always strived for excellence and receives grants to modernise its laboratories. The department conducts active research and has had several breakthroughs. It also provides services to local industries.
* Every year, students undergo in-plant training and industry sponsored projects. The students, with their innovative ideas presents technical papers at National level Symposiums and is successful in whatever fields they selected.
* The course has been designed keeping in view, the industrial as well as research needs. A few distinguishable features are as below:
* Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments.
* The department has started Competitive Applications Technology (CAT) with the leading industries.
SEMESTER - I
ME 601 Finite Element Methods
ME 761 Computer Aided Design
ME 763 Concurrent Engineering
ME 765 Computer Aided Production Planning
ME 767 CAD/CAM Software Practice
Elective - I
ME 769 Mechatronics in Manufacturing
ME 770 Industrial Robotics
ME 771 Rapid Prototyping and Tooling
ME 773 Data Communications in CAD/CAM
SEMESTER - II
ME 762 Computer Aided Machine Design
ME 764 Computer Aided Manufacturing
ME 766 Advance Tool Design
ME 768 CAD/CAM Projects
Elective - II
ME 772 Modeling & Simulation
ME 774 Flexible Manufacturing System s
ME 776 Design for Manufacture, Assembly and
ME 778 Metrology and Non - Destructive Testing
ME 782 Maintenance Engineering
ME 784 Total Quality Management
Elective - III
ME 654 Mechanical Vibrations
ME 676 Design of Material Handling Equipment
ME 786 Design of Hydraulic and Pneumatic
ME 788 Non -Traditional Optimization Techniques
ME 792 Advance Mechanisms Design
ME 794 Tribology in Design
SEMESTER - III
ME 801 Dissertation Preliminaries
ME 803 Seminar
SEMESTER - IV
ME 802 Dissertation