M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:IPEDSardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Price on request
* Established in 1961, The Department of Mechanical engineering now offers Undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering, two Post Graduate courses and also has facilities for research work leading to a Doctorate degree.
* In 1988, an intensive survey of various industries revealed the need for an Engineering Degree Program that covered both Technological and Managerial aspects of Manufacturing. Thus was established Production Engineering.
* This Department has 35 experienced staff, of which every third faculty member has a doctorate degree. The Department has over a dozen laboratories with sophisticated equipments like Wind Tunnels and C.N.C. Machines. The course was designed keeping in view industrial and research needs. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
* The Department has always strived for excellence and receives grants to modernise its laboratories. The department conducts active research and has had several breakthroughs. It also provides services to local industries.
* Every year, students undergo in-plant training and industry sponsored projects. The students, with their innovative ideas presents technical papers at National level Symposiums and is successful in whatever fields they selected.
* The course has been designed keeping in view, the industrial as well as research needs. A few distinguishable features are as below:
* Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments.
* The department has started Competitive Applications Technology (CAT) with the leading industries.
SEMESTER - I
ME 601 Finite Element Methods
ME 603 Advance Heat transfer
ME 605 Experimental Techniques
ME 681 Theory of Elasticity and stress Analysis
ME 683 Manufacturing Technology-I
SEMESTER - II
ME 682 Design of Heat Exchangers
ME 684 Manufacturing Technology-II
ME 686 Design of Pressure Vessel
ME650 Optimization Techniques
ME660 CAD (Computer Aided Design) in
ME 672 Modern Manufacturing Processes
ME674 Piping System Design
SEMESTER - III
ME 801 Dissertation Preliminaries
ME 803 Seminar
ME 805 Professional Practices & Legislation
SEMESTER - IV