M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:THERMAL SYSTEM DESIGNSardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Price on request
* Established in 1961, The Department of Mechanical engineering now offers Undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering, two Post Graduate courses and also has facilities for research work leading to a Doctorate degree.
* In 1988, an intensive survey of various industries revealed the need for an Engineering Degree Program that covered both Technological and Managerial aspects of Manufacturing. Thus was established Production Engineering.
* This Department has 35 experienced staff, of which every third faculty member has a doctorate degree. The Department has over a dozen laboratories with sophisticated equipments like Wind Tunnels and C.N.C. Machines. The course was designed keeping in view industrial and research needs. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
* The Department has always strived for excellence and receives grants to modernise its laboratories. The department conducts active research and has had several breakthroughs. It also provides services to local industries.
* Every year, students undergo in-plant training and industry sponsored projects. The students, with their innovative ideas presents technical papers at National level Symposiums and is successful in whatever fields they selected.
* The course has been designed keeping in view, the industrial as well as research needs. A few distinguishable features are as below:
* Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments.
* The department has started Competitive Applications Technology (CAT) with the leading industries.
SEMESTER - I
ME 603 Advance Heat Transfer
ME 721 Advance Thermodynamics &
ME 723 Thermal Power Plant Engineering -I
ME 725 Computational Methods in Fluid
Flow & Heat Transfer
ME 727 Software Practice
Elective - I
ME 650 Optimization Techniques.
ME 729 Residual Life Assessment of Boiler
ME 731 Analysis & Design of I.C. Engines
SEMESTER - II
ME 682 Design of heat exchangers
ME 722 Exergy analysis of Thermal Systems
ME 726 Design of Refrigeration & Airconditioning
ME 724 Thermal Power plant Engineering- II
ME 728 Laboratory Practice
Elective - II
ME 732 Non-conventional Energy Systems
ME 734 Analysis & Design of Thermal
ME 736 Theory & Design of Cryogenic
SEMESTER - III
ME 801 Dissertation Preliminaries
ME 803 Seminar
SEMESTER - IV
ME 802 Dissertation