M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering:TURBOMACHINESSardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Price on request
* Established in 1961, The Department of Mechanical engineering now offers Undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering, two Post Graduate courses and also has facilities for research work leading to a Doctorate degree.
* In 1988, an intensive survey of various industries revealed the need for an Engineering Degree Program that covered both Technological and Managerial aspects of Manufacturing. Thus was established Production Engineering.
* This Department has 35 experienced staff, of which every third faculty member has a doctorate degree. The Department has over a dozen laboratories with sophisticated equipments like Wind Tunnels and C.N.C. Machines. The course was designed keeping in view industrial and research needs. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
* The Department has always strived for excellence and receives grants to modernise its laboratories. The department conducts active research and has had several breakthroughs. It also provides services to local industries.
* Every year, students undergo in-plant training and industry sponsored projects. The students, with their innovative ideas presents technical papers at National level Symposiums and is successful in whatever fields they selected.
* The course has been designed keeping in view, the industrial as well as research needs. A few distinguishable features are as below:
* Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments.
* The department has started Competitive Applications Technology (CAT) with the leading industries.
SEMESTER - I
ME 601 Finite Element Methods
ME 603 Advance Heat Transfer
ME 605 Experimental Techniques
ME 607 Advance Fluid Dynamics
ME 613 Assignments - I (Turbomachines)
Elective - I
ME 609 Energy & Exergy Analysis
ME 611 Gas Turbine Cycle & Jet Propulsion
ME 650 Optimization Techniques
SEMESTER - II
ME 602 Gas Dynamics and Flow Through
Turbo machine Passages
ME 604 Thermal Turbo Machines
ME 606 Hydro Turbo Machines
ME 608 Computational Fluid Dynamics
ME 616 Assignments-II (Turbomachines)
Elective - II
ME 612 Design of Thermal Turbo machine
ME 614 Design of Hydro Turbo machines
ME 682 Design of Heat Exchangers
SEMESTER - III
ME 801 Dissertation Preliminaries
ME 803 Seminar
SEMESTER - IV
ME 802 Dissertation