M.Tech., Physics:Optoelectronics and Optical communicationsIndian Institute of Technology Delhi
Price on request
- New delhi
M.Tech.,) Physics:Optoelectronics and Optical communications
M.Tech., Opto-Electronics and Optical-Communication is an M.Tech./research programme offered by IIT Delhi. It is an interdisciplinary programme and is jointly conducted by two Departments.
The courses are divided in three categories, i.e. Core Courses, Elective Courses and a project. The provision of choosing open electives is based on individual needs and interests other than the compulsory courses. As per the institute norms the minimum credit requirement for the award of M.Tech. degree is 60 valid credits (D grade or above) including a minimum of 42 credits of course work and 18 credits of project work. All the students are expected to earn a minimum of 6 credits from courses outside their specialization.
For the details of the requirement for the award of degree and credit distribution, please refer the Courses of study, which is provided on IITD website.
* Fiber Optics
* Optical Communication Systems
* Digital Communication and Information Systems
* Broadband Communication and Information System
* Semiconductor Optoelectronics
* Optical Electronics
* Fiber Optics and Optical Communication Lab (I and II)
* Photonic Switching and Networking
* Guided Wave Optical Component and Devices
* Optoelectronic Instrumentation
* Optics and Lasers
* Integrated Optics
* Statistical and Quantum Optics
Flexibility to study the course of ones own interest is also served by providing an option of choosing open electives based on individual needs and interests. Some of such related courses are listed below:
* Computer Programming and its Applications
* Computer Networks
* Digital Signal Processing
* Laser based Instrumentation
* Optical component and basic Instrumentation
* Programming and Data Structures
* Telecommunication Technologies
* Wireless Networks
Every year a two-semester major project is carried out by each student on emerging topics in opto-electronics and optical communication. Some of them are sponsored by industries and Govt organizations like BARC, DRDO, C-DoT, DIT, MHRD and so on.