M.Tech in Production EngineeringSardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Price on request
* Established in 1961, The Department of Mechanical engineering now offers Undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering, two Post Graduate courses and also has facilities for research work leading to a Doctorate degree.
* In 1988, an intensive survey of various industries revealed the need for an Engineering Degree Program that covered both Technological and Managerial aspects of Manufacturing. Thus was established Production Engineering.
* This Department has 35 experienced staff, of which every third faculty member has a doctorate degree. The Department has over a dozen laboratories with sophisticated equipments like Wind Tunnels and C.N.C. Machines. The course was designed keeping in view industrial and research needs. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
* The Department has always strived for excellence and receives grants to modernise its laboratories. The department conducts active research and has had several breakthroughs. It also provides services to local industries.
* Every year, students undergo in-plant training and industry sponsored projects. The students, with their innovative ideas presents technical papers at National level Symposiums and is successful in whatever fields they selected.
* The course has been designed keeping in view, the industrial as well as research needs. A few distinguishable features are as below:
* Induction of new courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological developments.
* The department has started Competitive Applications Technology (CAT) with the leading industries.
SEMESTER - I
ME 601 Finite Element Methods
ME 603 Advance Heat Transfer
ME 641 Theory of Elasticity & Plasticity
ME 643 Mechanical Engineering Lab. - I
ME 650 Optimization Techniques
Elective - I
ME 647 Industrial Refrigeration
ME 649 I. C. Engines
ME 651 Production Planning and Control
ME 653 Advance Fluid Mechanics
ME 660 Computer Aided Design in Mech. Engg.
SEMESTER - II
ME 642 Mechanical Design Analysis
ME 644 Theory of Metal Cutting
ME 646 Instrumentation & Control
ME 648 Mechanical Engineering Lab. - II
Elective - II
ME 652 Industrial Air Conditioning
ME 654 Mechanical Vibration
ME 656 Industrial Tribology
ME 658 Alternate Sources of Energy
ME 662 Automobile Engineering - I
ME 682 Design of Heat Exchangers
ME 770 Industrial Robotics
Elective - III
ME 664 Automobile Engineering - II
ME 666 Cryogenic Engineering
ME 668 Design of Pressure Vessels & Piping
ME 672 Design of Pumps and Compressors
ME 674 Design of CNC Machine Tools
ME 676 Design of Material Handling Equipments
ME 678 Applied Fluid Power Engg.
SEMESTER - III
SEMESTER - IV