M Tech in Renewable Energy Engineering and ManagementTERI University
Price on request
- New delhi
Plot No. 10 Institutional Area Vasant Kunj, 110070, Delhi, India
MSc Plant Biotechnology
What could be improved Nothing
Course taken: September 2010 | Would you recommend this course? Yes.
The TERI University offers number of courses one of the course is M Tech in Renewable Energy Engineering and Management.
With the world facing an energy crisis and the prospect of climate change looming large, renewable energy studies and applications occupy an extremely important position in any country. This realization has led to an increased demand for specialists and engineers in the area.
However, despite these compelling circumstances, there are very few institutes in India that offer structured programmes covering the diverse range of issues involved. To meet the demand for educated and skilled human resources in this area, TERI University is offering an M.Tech (on-campus) in Renewable Energy Engineering and Management.
The programme, offered by the Centre of Energy and Environment, aims to produce skilled professionals to tackle practical design and development problems for industrial applications and also to make participants capable of pursuing academic research.
The course is designed to impart knowledge not only in renewable energy technology and implementation but also in equally important synergetic sectors of energy infrastructure such as energy economics and energy conversion technologies.
1. Conventional energy infrastructure (coal, oil, gas, hydro and nuclear)
2. Power systems, including power plant engineering
3. Thermodynamics and combustion
4. Energy economics, financing, regulation, energy modelling
5. Heat transfer and design of equipment in energy industry
6. Research methodology (including statistics)
7. Technical writing and communication skills
1. Technical writing
2. Energy auditing, efficiency & conservation
3. Renewable energy resource characteristics
4. Renewable energy conversion
5. Renewable energy conversion 2
6. Applied numerical methods
7. Statistics for engineers
8. Renewable energy lab
9. Renewable energy lab 2
1. Environmental implications of energy use (air, water and land) and climate change
2. Project management
3. Emerging technologies for climate change mitigation (carbon capture, algal conversion, electric vehicles, hydrogen, etc.)
1. Renewable energy for heat applications (potential, economics, case studies, etc.)
2. Renewable energy for power generation (potential, economics, case studies, etc.)
3. Building energy and green buildings
4. Waste utilization
5. Rural energy
6. Wind power
7. Solar power
8. Decentralized and distributed power generation
9. Biofuels (potential, policies, case studies, etc.)