M.A. TheatreHemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
Price on request
M.A Part I Total Marks: 900
Acting Practical: Max. Marks - 150
1. Voice and Speech :
1. Exercise in speech for the student to achieve breath control, clarity, audibility.
2. Application to verse and prose of increasing length, singing, speech and style, speech and movements. Hindi, Urdu, Garhwali diction.
1. Voice production and speech by Greta Colson
2. Voice and the actor by Cicely Berry
1. Movement and Space
1. Study through practice of gestures postures and movements as agents of expression of human experience and activity, both mental and physical.
2. Movements based on Indian traditional forms.
1. Yoga aims at making the students physically fit through the practice of Asanas, Kriyas and Pranayama.
2. Helps them to acquire an increased degree of alertness and concentration.
3. Enables them to makes full use of their voice and to explore their potential.
1. An actor prepares - Constanin Stanislavsky.
2. Yoga Book On - Ram Dev
Acting Theory: Max. Marks - 150
Four aspects of ‘ABHINAYA' according to NATYASHASTRA
1. ANGIKA ABHINAYA
2. VACHIKA ABHINAYA
3. AHARYA ABHINAYA
4. SATTWIKA ABHINAYA
1. NATYACHATRA - Bharatmuni.
2. An Actor Prepares - Stanislavsky
History and Drama Literature: Max. Marks - 150
A. Inian Drama
(i) Special reference to Bengali, Marathi, Parsi, IPTA, Hindi Theatre.
(ii). Modern Indian Drama up to till date.
B. Western Drama
(i). Modern and post modern theatre.
1. Death of a Salesman - Arthur Miller
2. Waiting for Godot - Samuel Becket
1. The Indian Theatre - Adya Rangacharya.
2. The Essential Theatre - O.G Broket
3. NATYACHATRA - Bharatmuni.