MA Degree in International Relations and Cultural DiplomacyThe Institute For Cultural Diplomacy
€ 12,000 - (Rs 8,43,141)
- Berlin (Germany)
- Credits: 120
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
The program provides students with practical experience for both academic and professional development, preparing students for careers in diverse fields, such as international relations, the humanities, politics, and culture, foreign policy and international economics. On a practical level, the international environment of the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies offers students a unique opportunity to interact with leading experts and academics at a wide variety of international organizations and research centers. This exceptional learning environment leads to original research and independent study opportunities. It allows students to create a solid professional network and form a concrete base for future academic and professional career choices, preparing students for engagement in the international arena, civil society, politics, governmental organizations and international economic organizations, as well as the private sector.
· Who is it intended for?
Individuals studying for the MA will represent a diverse range of cultural and academic backgrounds. Candidates will include recent BA graduates as well as young professionals who combine strong academic backgrounds with significant work experience. Individuals are required to hold a BA degree (or equivalent Degree) of minimum of 3 years studies, as degrees from across the world and from any field are acceptable*. We do not consider any one element of an application exclusively. Rather, our admissions panel considers academic achievement as well as personal qualities such as strength of character, motivation and the ability and willingness to take on new academic challenges. Our aim is to attract students from a variety of backgrounds and countries that will foster a unique and diverse learning environment. * Current undergraduate students are able to submit an application and participate in the pre-enrolment process, by submitting a confirmation of their current studies and their transcripts.
All courses are taught in English, thus an evidence of adequate competence in English is required for the applicants whose mother tongue is not English. If you have studied at least 1 semester in an English language and/or have extensive working experience in the English language, a certificate/Document which attests this fact will be sufficient as well.
The Master’s Degree is awarded by the Furtwangen University (HFU), which is recognized as a fully accredited institution of higher education with the right to award university degrees. The Furtwangen University (HFU) is part of the Bologna Process set in place by the European Commission, and uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) to award degrees. Credits obtained through the MA program are equivalent to those of courses at universities in all other 30+ signatory countries. Students will earn 30 credits per semester during the MA program, for a total of 120 credits upon completion.
What you'll learn on the course
Teachers and trainers (1)
Mandatory Courses for Semester One are:
- The History and Evolution of the Field of Cultural Diplomacy
- International Case Studies of Cultural Diplomacy
- Future Trends in International Relations and Cultural Diplomacy
- Nation Branding and Unilateral Cultural Diplomacy
- Contemporary German Foreign Policy
- International Organizations
- European Politics
- Development of Cultural Diplomacy Initiative
- Participating in and Contributing to ICD’s Projects, Activities and Conferences
- Models of Cultural Diplomacy
- Religion and Cultural Diplomacy
- Soft Power, Hard Power, and Smart Power
- Cultural Diplomacy in Conflict Zones
- The Private Sector and Cultural Diplomacy
- Module International Relations
- International Relations
- International Economics
- International Financial Markets
- Module Exam in International Relations
- Intercultural Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Managing Cultural Diversity
- International Strategic Management
- International Business Strategy
- Business Simulation
- Module Master Thesis
- Academic Research and Writing