MANAGEMENT OF FIRE INSURANCE (NON-LIFE)National Insurance Academy
Price on request
The steep downturn in Fire Insurance has put a question mark on the profitability of the portfolio and its ability to subsidies marine and health covers of corporate clients. Therefore it is important, to manage this portfolio with utmost care in assessing the hazards and pricing the risk. Improved underwriting techniques including risk management skills can result into better management of this class of business.
• To enhance the participants, understanding of Fire and Business Interruption Insurance concepts and practices
• Material damage Policies like IAR & Mega Policy including Petrochemical risks
• To improve underwriting skills in the detariff and deregulated Product scenario
• Exposures to Inspection procedures and risk assessment techniques.
• Acquaintance with PML concepts, Loss assessment, prevention and control techniques
• Reinsurance of mega-size and high tech risks.
• Global approach in Fire Insurance Portfolio
• A study of the various inspection procedures and risk assessment techniques
• Analysis of fire insurance policies -rating principles, underwriting terms and conditions
• Basic Concepts of Underwriters
• Business interruption insurance concepts
• Mega size and high-tech industries such as petrochemicals, fertilizers, etc.
• Catastrophic losses
• PML concepts
• Loss assessments and claims management
• Reinsurance of mega-size and high tech risks
• Industrial Visit.
• Special aspects of commodity loss assessment