Master Degree in Medicinal Plants SciencesGujarat Ayurved University
Price on request
Frequent Asked Questions
Graduate in any of the following disciplines: Botany, Pharmacy, Agriculture or Ayurveda.
The Gujarat Ayurved University offers number of courses one of the course is Master Degree in Medicinal Plants Sciences
Course Contents (Brief outlines): The course has been divided into 3 parts.
1. Medico-Botanical Sciences,
2. Agricultural Sciences,
3. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Including material, Personnel and resources management.
1. Introduction to medicinal plants.
2. Morphological Studies of the plants.
3. Areas of occurrence and ecological studies.
4. Important identifying characters.
5. Useful parts and their specific characters, properties and uses. Season & method of collection of different parts viz. root, stem, bark, leaves, flowers, fruits, seeds and exudates.
1. Area, Land and Topography
2. Soil Conditions
3. Preparation of the land for cultivation
5. Sowing, Germination and Transplanting
7. Use of fertilizers and manures
8. Care from fungi, pests, etc.
9. Weeding and harvesting
1. Macro/Microscopic, Chemical, Pharmacognostical and Pharmacological studies of the crude drugs (Both modern & Ayurvedic aspects)
2. Material, personnel and recourses management aspects related to medicinal plant resources development