Master's degree in Sociological StudiesMaster taught in English
Sociology and DemographicsUPF - Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Màsters Oficials
€ 3,079 - (Rs 2,17,414)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Credits: 60
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
You will begin by studying research methodology and techniques, which includes working wtih statistical analysis techniques. You will continue with demographic social analysis, studying social dynamics and change and also the different social policies and the Welfare State. You will be able to analyse concepts of gender, family, society and research the causes of social inequalities. You will be trained to work in institutions as an advisor or expert in sociology and study of the needs of the population.
· Who is it intended for?
The master's degree lasts one year and is taught in person. This allows you to take part in the practical classes prepared for this course, besides debating and interacting with the teaching staff and the rest of the students. The classes are taught in English, so it is advisable for the student to be in possession of a B1 certificate of English.
Official bachelor's degree or equivalent. B1 level of English.
What you'll learn on the course
- Statistical Analysis Techniques I
- Statistical Analysis Techniques II
- Demographic changes and social dynamics
- Gender, family and society
- Analysis of social inequalities
- Social policies and the Welfare State
- Work economics
- Migrations and society: Political and socio-economic dimensions of the integration process
- Health and inequality
- Bases of political and social research
- Design, assessment and analysis of questionnaires for survey research
- Methodologies for qualitative research
- Data management and research seminar
non-EU students: €4063.91
Level of Catalan equivalent to C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages