MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN CARDIOVASCULARRESPIRATORY SCIENCESMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN CARDIOVASCULARRESPIRATORY SCIENCES
The objectives of this course are to provide the candidate with expertise in
understanding and interpreting clinical findings as related to different diagnosis,
planning and implementing rehabilitation programs suited to individual patient's
needs, formulating preventive protocols for progressive conditions, facilitating backto-
work process, providing advanced knowledge of occupational therapy in relation
to the investigative and interventional strategies of patients with cardiovascularpulmonary
The candidate is trained in the use and interpretation of standardized equipments,
methods, media, modalities, for assessment, functional training, work fitness, and
monitoring of patients with cardiovascular and pulmonary deficiencies in the
intensive care unit and late phase of illness.
· Overview of the cardiopulmonary systems- Applications of work physiology
principles to cardiac rehabilitation.
· Current perspectives in cardiac rehabilitation- An integrated approach, clinical
implications and improvement in ‘Quality Of Life' in the frame of cardiac
· Exercise prescription in cardiac rehabilitation in relation to the diagnosis-
Exercise monitoring, development and prescription, exercise stress testing and
interpretation, perspectives of exercise formulation and prescription,
applications of exercise to work, activities, sports and leisure, applications of
exercise in different manifestations.
· Clinical consideration for- early intervention in the intensive care phase,
convalescent phase and late phase of the diseases, research, rehabilitation of the
complex cardiac group, rehabilitation of the associated medical conditions.
· Genetic and drug related bleeding tendencies-hemophilia etc.
· Preventive cardiac rehabilitation- Risk factors and life-style modification, stress
· Management of patients with anxiety and depression in cardiovascular and
· Program implementation and functions- Program models.
· Newer technology in cardio-respiratory rehabilitation.
· Energy conservation techniques and work, ADL and recreation.
· Work simulation and work hardening.
· Disability evaluation and work fitness in cardio-respiratory conditions.