MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN COMMUNITY MEDICAL SCIENCESMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN COMMUNITY MEDICAL SCIENCES
The objectives of this course are to provide the candidate with the educational
experience to emphasize on the health & community orientation instead of only
disease & hospital orientation. The candidate should recognize ‘Health For All'
as a national goal & Health-rights' of all citizens & to promote wellness in the
society. Developing sustainability should be long-term goal of his/here
community based rehabilitation planning. This should cover school-setting, place
of work, urban & rural communities. The candidate should be able to provide
occupational therapy services using community resources and effectively
participate in disaster management programs.
· Epidemiology: Basic principles, study of distribution of disease & search for the
determinants of that observed distribution. Statistical applications.
· National health care delivery system & occupational therapy contributions to it.
· Multicultural psychology & its influence on psychosocial rehabilitation.
· Community mental health.
· Industrial health
· Model of disaster management
· Disability evaluation and Social legislation
· Geri care
· Community practice in rehabilitation.
· Preventive Occupational therapy at wellness community programs, school
settings, & place of work. Various models of community based rehabilitation &
their appropriate application.
· Appropriate technology.
· Skill transfer.
· Disability evaluation, concessions available to persons with disability.
· Application of & environmental modification techniques to improve quality of
Research in community based rehabilitation