MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIESMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
The objectives of this course are to provide the candidate with expertise in the field
of developmental disabilities. The training would provide advanced knowledge in
developmental and psychometric assessment and application of neurophysiological
and functional intervention modalities in neonatology & pediatric conditions in
hospital, community and school settings. It would impart preciseness in correlating
clinical presentation with therapeutic application.
· Human development: Neuroanatomy, neurophysiological principles of
development, Knowledge of normal and abnormal human growth and
· Advances and research in: Neurodevelopmental approaches, sensory integrative
approaches, psychosocial, acquisitional and occupational performances as
applied to developmental disabilities.
· Occupational therapy assessment in pediatric population: Application and /or
interpretation using relevant tools, techniques, and scales.
· Therapeutic intervention: Methods, media, modalities used in the treatment of
· Management of clinical conditions: Congenital neurological defects,
developmental and acquired paediatric abnormalities.
· Neonatal care and early intervention: Assessment, preventive care and early
intervention, management in NICU, community and school based practice.