MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN MENTAL HEALTH SCIENCESMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN MENTAL HEALTH SCIENCES
The objectives of this course are to provide the candidate with expertise in the use
of preventive, curative and rehabilitation models for integration of persons with
psychosocial problems in their homes, community and place of work. The
candidate will acquire knowledge and skills for practicing recent trends based on
current theoretical and philosophical issues and strategies of intervention in mental
· Applied psychology and biological basis of psychiatry.
· Normal development and its deviations.
· Current philosophical, theoretical basis and frames of reference in occupational
therapy in mental health.
· Diagnostic and prognostic assessment and evaluation tools and other
investigative procedures. Use of standardized rating scales, indices, tests,
procedures, and methods. Signs and symptoms, classification of mental illness.
· Intervention: Media and methods, principles, planning goals, approaches,
individual and group, implementation and design of treatment in management
of children, adolescents, adults and elderly individuals with psychosocial
· Alternate practice settings: Day care centers, school setting, gero-psychiatric
set-up, community integration, forensic psychiatry, preventive model and return
to work program.
· Rehabilitation: Principles, process, approaches, goals, personnel, problems and
constraints in rehabilitation and long term care.
· Evidence base practice, qualitative & quantitative research in mental health.
· Disability evaluation and job certification in psychiatric conditions.