MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN NEUROSCIENCESMAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MASTER IN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY IN NEUROSCIENCES
The objectives of this course are to provide the candidate with expertise in advanced
knowledge with respect to the investigations and intervention strategies for
neurological conditions based on neurophysiological and functional neuroanatomical
foundation. The candidate should be able to acquire knowledge and
practice recent trends using preventive, curative and rehabilitative models. A special
emphasis is given on disability evaluation so as to integrate patient in his home,
community and work environment.
· Functional neuroanatomy.
· Theories of neurorehabilitation.
· Advances in sensory integrative therapy and cognitive rehabilitation
· Normal neurodevelopment and its deviation.
· Advances in neuro-developmental therapy for congenital and pathological
· Clinical application of neurosciences: To relate principles of neurophysiology,
neuropathology and neuropsychology to the assessment and therapeutic
management of various neurological disorders. Modern approaches in neurooccupational
· Geri care: Structural and behavioral implications of older adulthood.
· Biological theories of aging.
· Functional and preventive approaches in central nervous system degeneration.
· Prognostic and diagnostic occupational therapy assessment tools and other
· Psychosocial aspect of adaptation and adjustment during management of
· Disability evaluation and certification in neurological conditions.