Master in Occupational Therapy (Specialty)Maharastra University of Health science
Price on request
COURSE OBJECTIVES: The objectives of this course are to provide the
candidate with the knowledge and skills to deal with the common clinical
conditions mentioned in the contents. The candidate should be able to apply
general principles of practice in therapy and appreciate their applications in
enhancement of occupational therapy process. The candidate should be able to
understand application of research methodology for formulating occupational
therapy instruments and evaluation. They should be able to appreciate significance
of clinical epidemiology, research ethics and advances in computer applications.
(A) Practice issues in Occupational Therapy:
1) Management functions and strategies.
2) Administration and leadership.
4) Fiscal management
5) Code of ethics.
6) Quality assurance.
7) Teaching technology.
8) Ergonomic approaches and application.
9) Socio-cultural and spiritual influences in O.T.
10) Recent investigative and evaluative procedures.
11) Disability evaluation, applicability of law & legislation.
12) Clinical reasoning.
13) Alternate practice models.
14) Role of O.T. as consultant.
15) Current basis of therapy.
16) Advances in computer applications in O.T.
(B) Treatment Context:
1) Model of evidence based practice for occupational therapy.
2) Prevention of injury and physical dysfunction.
3) Infection control and safety issues in health care settings.
4) Clinical intervention to promote occupational function in the following:
a) General conditions: -
2. Infections in adults.
3. Wellness program.
5. Psychosocial aspects of women and child health.
6. Community based rehabilitation.
b) Musculoskeletal disorders related to following:
2. Orthopedics conditions.
3. Hand rehabilitation.
4. Application of ergonomic principles.