Master of Arts (M.A.)Dayalbagh Educational Institute
Price on request
Master's programmes in Arts, in addition to traditional subjects, have an essential bias to application and stress on training students in participation and verbal discussions. Thus, seminars and group discussions not only form regular part of the curriculum in each subject, they also form part of the evaluation of the students. The following programmes are offered at present.
(1) Drawing and Painting: Besides the traditional teaching, the specialisation of Murals is available. Students are also required to take part in seminars, group discussions and organise exhibition of their paintings.
(2) English: Stress is laid both on literature and language. Besides the self-study, seminar and group discussion in each semester, following electives of Professional English are available in addition to traditional subjects: Competitive English, Office Management and Secretarial English, Methods of teaching English language and literature at College (University level)/Mass Communication/Research Methodology.
(3) Hindi: A term paper, seminar and viva in end semester examination to be evaluated by an external examiner are special features of the course. Besides, the course content also includes specialisation like, Folk Literature, Research Methodology, Journalism.
(4) Music: Provides instructions in Vocal, Sitar or Tabla at present. Greater stress is laid on practical performance rather than theoretical knowledge and the weightage on the two aspects is accordingly distributed for assessment. A special feature is the requirement of giving two stage performances in each semester by a student. Course includes the latest and relatively unknown Ragas and also history and aesthetics of both Indian and Western Music.
(5) Sanskrit & Culture: The course covers in addition to traditional components, not only the Sanskrit language and literature but also the Indian Culture, Dharma and Philosophy. Term paper and Seminar & Group Discussion in each semester, all through the medium of Sanskrit language, go a long way to strengthen the comprehension and expression of a student in Sanskrit language.