MASTER OF ARTS (POLITICAL SCIENCE)The University of Kashmir
Price on request
Indian Political System
Government and Politics in J&K
ANCIENT AND MEDIEVAL POLITICAL THOUGHT
1. Constituent Assembly of India: An Overview.
2. Basic Socio-Economic and Political Values with reference to the Constitution of India.
3. Constitution as an instrument of Socio-Economic Change; Review of Indian Constitution.
4. Changing Nature of Indian Federalism. Demands for State Autonomy; Separatist Movements, Politics of Formation of New States.
5. The Crisis of Parliamentary System:Coalition Politics, Electoral Reforms
6. Judicial System: Judicial Activism and Judicial Reforms.
7. Caste and Politics;Rise of Dalit and Backward Castes.
8. Religion and Politics: Debates on Nature of Secularism, Communalism and rise of Hinduta.
9. Parties and politics: Evolving Nature of Indian Party System, Breakdown of one Dominant Party system; Emergence of Regional Parties.
10. Development and Politics: Liberalization of Indian Economy, Inequalities, Crisis of Nation-State, Politics of Good Governance.