Master of Cardio Vascular & Respiratory PhysiotherapyDr. D.Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital
Price on request
- Navi mumbai
Frequent Asked Questions
Candidate holding a Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized university in India or abroad. The candidate should be a member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists. He / She shall be belonging to at least 10+2+3 ½ years education pattern.
Course Description -
Part –I – This course is common to all the students. This course includes an update of
the Basic Sciences such as Biomechanics & Applied Physiotherapy, Biophysics etc
for improving abilities in functional diagnosis and clinical reasoning. This course also
includes Allied Subjects such as Management, Ethics & Teaching Technology. The
candidate has to study 5 Cases for presentation at the time of practical examination.
Part –II – This course includes study of any one Specialty selected from above & an
independent research project/ dissertation, preferably based on the Specialty.1. Physiological and accessory movements, Biophysics of contractile and non
contractile tissues, Response to mechanical loading.
2. Principles of Articular Neurophysiology and its Clinical Applications.
3. History of Manual Therapy. Overview of various Manual Therapy approaches
for all the skeletal joints.
4. Clinical reasoning and differential clinical diagnosis based on various
approaches such as Maitland, Kaltenborne, Cyriax, Mulligan, Meckenzie etc.
5. Principles of different soft tissue mobilizations like Myofacial Techniques,
Neural Tissue Mobilization, Muscle Energy Technique etc.
6. Practical application of various Manual Therapy modes given in no. 4 & 5
7. Therapeutic Exercise as an adjunct to manual therapy.1. Recent concept of Physiological and Therapeutic Effects of Low, Medium and
High Frequency Currents.
2. Cellular response to environmental and man made Electro magnetic field, Risk
factors of prolonged exposure, Safety measures.
3. Advanced Electrotherapeutics in the management of Pain including
neuropathic, psychosomatic pain.
4. Principles of combinations of drugs with Therapeutic Currents, Ultrasound.
5. Advanced Electro Therapeutics in Tissue healing, Wound care, Management of
Scars keloids, Muscle Plasticity & Integumentary Conditions.
6. Biofeedback – Principles and Applications.