Master of Dental Surgery (Oral Medicine, Diagnosis & Radiology)Sibar Institute of Dental Sciences
Price on request
The Sibar Institute of Dental Sciences offers Master of Dental Surgery (Oral Medicine, Diagnosis & Radiology) to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
1 st year
Examination of patient FNAC & Biopsy – Observe assist and perform under supervision
Intra-Oral radiographs – perform and interpretation
2 nd year
Dental treatment to medically compromised patients - Observe assist and perform under supervision.’
Extra Oral Radiographs, Digital Radiography – Observe Assist and perform under supervision.
Giving intra muscular and intravenous injections
Administration of Oxygen and life saving drugs to the patients
Performing basic C.P.R. and certification by Red Cross.
3 rd year
All the above – performed independently.
* Methods of Clinical Diagnosis of Oral and Systemic Diseases as applicable to Oral tissue including Modern Diagnostic techniques.
* Laboratory investigations including special investigations of oral and oro facial diseases.
* Teeth in local and systemic diseases, congenital and hereditary disorders.
Oro facial pain
* Management of medically compromised patients including medical emergencies in the dental chair.
* Systemic diseases due to oral foci of infections.
* Hematological, dermatological, metabolic, nutritional and endocrinal conditions with oral manifestations.
* History of Radiology, structure of X-ray tube production and property of X-ray.
* Biological effects of radiation.
* Films and recording media.
* Design of X-ray department, dark room and use of automatic processing limits.
* Quality assurance and audit in Dental Radiology.
* Extra oral imaging techniques.
* O.P.G and other Radiology techniques.
* C.T. Scan, MRI and Ultrasonographic techniques.
* Digital radiology and its various types of advantages.