Master of Dental Surgery (Public Health Dentistry )Sibar Institute of Dental Sciences
Price on request
The Sibar Institute of Dental Sciences offers Master of Dental Surgery ( Public Health Dentistry ) to its students. The course structure for it is as follows:
1) First year MDS
* 5 seminars in basis sciences subjects
* Case-history taking, learning different criteria, and instruments used in various oral indices including W.H.O. proforma
* Carrying out school dental health education and other school based preventive programmes
* Visit to water purification plants and sewage treatment plants, milk dairy, primary health center and submitting reports.
* To conduct 10 journals clubs
* Basic training in computers
* Library dissertation work
2) Second year MDS:
* 10 seminars in dental public dentistry topics
* assessing oral health status of various target groups of population planning. Dental manpower and financing dental health care for the above groups.
* Planning comprehensive oral health care for school children.
* Planning international dental care for school children
* Use of preventive measures such as topical application of fluoride and art and fissure sealants 10 cases each .
* Submission of minimum of 2 term papers on a selected topic.
* Asserting and guiding final BDS students during their clinical posting, field programmes and health education.
* Taking lectures for IIIrd year BDS students on selected topics
* Conducting 10 journal clubs
3) Third year MDS:
* Seminars on recent advances in preventive dentistry
* Critical evaluation of scientific articles on minimum of 10 articles.
* Exercise on solving community health problem a minimum of 10 problems
* Practice of epidemiological indices used in public health dentistry
* Dental health education training of schoolteachers, social workers health workers, posting at dental satellite centers.
* Completion and submission of dissertation