Master of Engineering ( CAD/CAM/CAE)Rajarambapu Institute Of Technology
Price on request
Master of Engineering ( CAD/CAM/CAE)
1. Analysis of Stress: State of stress at a point, stress components on an arbitrary plane,
principal stresses, Mohr's circle, plane stress, differential equations of equilibrium,
2. Analysis of Strain: State of strain at a point, dilation, plane strain, compatibility
3. Stress-Strain Relations: Generalizes Hooke's Law, relations between elastic constants,
displacement equations of equilibrium.
4. Theories of Failure: Theory of dislocations, Maximum principal stress theory,
maximum shear stress theory, maximum elastic strain theory, octahedral shearing stress
theory, distortion energy theory, Mohr's theory, significance of theory of failure, use of
factor of safety in design, selection of materials for engineering applications.
5. Energy Methods: Elastic strain energy, Maxwell-Betti-Rayleigh reciprocal theorem,
Castigliano's theorems, strain energy due to axial force, shear force, torsion, bending
moment, theory of virtual work.
6. Axisymmetric Problems: Thick-walled cylinders, shrink fits, rotating discs.
7. Dynamic Analysis: Review of mechanical vibrations; Properties of eigen-values and
eigenvectors, problem formulation for longitudinal, torsional and lateral vibrations;
Sturm sequence, Jacobi, Given and Householder's transformations; Iteration methods,
Gram Schmidt deflation, subspace iteration, Lanczos' method, Rayleigh-Ritz method;
Mode synthesis; Direct integration methods; Mode superposition; Condition for stability.