Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)Sikkim Manipal University
Price on request
The duration of the course is 2 academic years. Sikkim Manipal College of Physiotherapy is the only college that run Master of Physiotherapy in the entire North Eastern region.
Objectives of the course:
To train the post graduates
1. as a clinician to independently evaluate, assess, diagnose, prescribe, plan and practice physiotherapy in a competent manner,
2. as an administrator to guide the Physical therapy assistants to plan, critically appraise and administer the physiotherapeutic treatments,
3. As an academician to train undergraduates in strong physiotherapeutic knowledge base, critical thinking and to develop strong evidence base regarding planning of treatments.
4. To develop proficiency in leadership skills as a team leader as per requirements of abroad locum services
5. As an able researcher to analyze and critically appraise the existing physiotherapeutic literature evidence, scientifically write and peer reviewing articles, statistically appraisals and updates
In the first year of MPT curriculum, students have didactic lectures including the physiotherapy ethics, various organization rules and administration principles in Physiotherapy with basic physiotherapeutic sciences, research methodology and biostatistics. Tutoring sessions, journal clubs, recent advances, etc, will be part of the curriculum along with the respective subjects.
During the final (second) year, post graduates will be dealt and tailored only with specialty areas (i.e., orthopedics - manual therapy, sports, neurology - adult and pediatric neurology and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. Apart from didactic lectures, recent advances, continuing physiotherapeutic education, journal appraisals from the internal lecturing sessions, eminent Guest lectures will be delivered pertaining to the respective specialties
The College is attached to the Department of Physiotherapy at Central Referral Hospital that provides adequate clinical exposure to the students. The post graduates will be posted in the rotation in various departments in first year whereas second year will be pertained only to specialty postings. Apart from the department posting, external postings will include various hospitals and prestigious institutions to equip post graduates with the knowledge nationwide.