Master of Science in Urology TechnologyALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Price on request
- New delhi
At the end of this training programme, students should acquire theoretical knowledge and skills
related to the technical aspects of the functioning and maintenance of equipments used in the
specialty of urology. They should be able to provide better assistance for conducting various
procedures in the operation theatres and the clinics.
Details of the objective
• To achieve greater understanding of basic anatomy, physiology, pathology and microbiology as
applied to urology
• To achieve understanding of basic principles of surgery and surgical assistance
• To achieve understanding of basic urology and steps of various urological procedures, endoscopic,
open, laparoscopic, microsurgery, ultrasound, ESWL and urodynamics
• To achieve competence at assisting in all urological procedures
• To achieve competence in cleaning, maintaining, and operating all technical and optical urological
equipments including c-arm, ultrasound, diathermy, lasers, endoscopes, cameras, lithotrites, etc.
• To achieve competence in sterilization and disinfection of all urological equipment
• To achieve good understanding of the physics and electronics aspects of all urologic equipment
• To achieve competence in on-site trouble shooting of minor technical snags and problems.