Masters in HorticultureNagaland University
Price on request
The Nagland University was established by the Nagaland University Act, 1989 of the Parliament on 6th Sept. 1994. It is the only Central University in the State having three campuses, viz., Lumami Headquarters, Kohima and Medziphema. At present the University is functioning from its Kohima Campus as Interim Headquarters. The University is located in the tribal dominated State of Nagaland having borders with Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur and Myanmar (Burma on its long eastern stretch). Each Campus has its own administrative and academic unit to manage the day to day educational affairs.
Course of Agri. Chemistry and Soil Science is offering basic and advance course in Chemistry, Bio-chemistry and Soil Science for the Department needs as well as for other departments of the School.
Thrust area of Research:
Department thrust area of research is centered on "Soil and Plant health", The department has taken projects on soil of Nagaland, development of Agricultural Chemicals from Natural and Synthetic sources to keep plant fit.
Academic Activities in the Department:
Department has started the Post-Graduate courses in soil science with 5(five) students and initiated work on those projects.
1. 1. Studies on Phosphorous and Molybdenum applications on nodulation, growth, yield and quality of soyabean (Glycine max, L) ulti soil of Nagaland.
2. Study on production of V A M compost from different bio-waste.
3. Effect of Nitrogen and Potassium on yield, content and uptake of nutrient
4. Effect of Phosphorous and Zinc growth yield and lowland rainfed rice.
2. 1. The Department is going to start Soil testing facility for farmers.
2. Department is also going to start Soil a vermiculture facility.