A mathematical way to think about biologyUdemy
What you'll learn on the course
A mathematical way to think about biology comes to life in this lavishly illustrated video book. After completing these videos, students will be better prepared to collaborate in physical sciences-biology research. These lessons demonstrate a physical sciences perspective: training intuition by deriving equations from graphical illustrations.
"Excellent site for both basic and advanced lessons on applying mathematics to biology."
-Tweeted by the U.S. National Cancer Institute's Office of Physical Sciences Oncology
- Exposure to calculus (there is an appendix for students interested in review)
- Over 134 lectures and 15.5 hours of content!
- Apply physical sciences perspectives to biological research
- Be able to teach yourself quantitative biology
- Be able to communicate with mathematical and physical scientists
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Postdoctoral scholars
- Lab managers
- Funding agency program staff
- Principal investigators and grant writers
- Citizen scientists
- Patient advocates
- Lifelong learners
- Integrative Cancer Biology Program members
- Physical Sciences Oncology Network members
- National Centers for Systems Biology members