MBA in Material Management course in ThaneJRD Global EDU
- At 2 venues
Frequent Asked Questions
· What are the objectives of this course?
· Who is it intended for?
Graduates passed out can apply
Post Graduates / MBA candidates specialization in the respective field.
ANY gRADUATE CAN APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
· What marks this course apart?
MBA MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
What you'll learn on the course
Teachers and trainers (1)
. Production Design: Process planning- plant capacity – capacity planning- make or buy decisions – Use of cross-over chart for selection process.
2. Plant location: Factories to be considered in plant location- choice of general region, particular community and site – Multiplant location decision – Plant location trends.
3. Layout of facilities : Principles of good layout – Layout factors – Basic types of layout – Service facilities – Principles of materials handling – Materials handling equipment.
4. Human factors in Job- design : Consideration of Man and machine in job – design, adaptation of machine to man – Ergonomics – Working environment – Worker safety.
5. Production and Inventory control: Basic types of production, Intermittent, Batch, Continuous – Routing, Scheduling, Activating and Monitoring – Basic Inventory Models – Economic order quantity, Economic batch quantity – Reorder point – Safety stock – Classification and codification of stock – classification – Procedure for stock control, Materials Requirement Planning ( MRP ), JIT, Implications for Supply chain management.
6. Maintenance : Preventive Vs. Breakdown maintenance – Break-down time distribution – Maintenance cost balance – Procedure for maintenance.
7. Quality Control : Purposes of inspection and quality control – Acceptance sampling by variables and attributes – Control charts for variables, fraction defectives and defects. Total Quality management.
8. Methods Analysis and Work Measurement: Methods study procedures – The purpose of time study – Stop watch time study – Performance rating – Alowance factors – Standard time – Work sampling technique.
9. Dynamic Purchasing : Purchasing function – Selection of materials and vendors –Purchasing Organization – Concept of value analysis.
10. Store –Keeping and Warehousing Management.