MD in General SurgeryMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
The goals of postgraduate training course in Surgery would be to train a MBBS doctor who
will Practice surgery efficiently and effectively backed by scientific knowledge and skill .
No syllabus can be comprehensive but the following topics are not intended to be
prescriptive but it is a guide to the topics which need to be covered during training.
At the end of the training and evaluation,
• He will develop right attitudinal skills which will ensure effective and correct
communication with patients, relatives, colleagues and superiors
• Continue to develop keen interest in continuing surgical education irrespective of whether
he is in a teaching institution or is in Private practice
• Be a motivated 'teacher' - defined as a surgeon keen to share his knowledge and skills
with a colleague or a junior or any learner.
Objectives of the Course
The following objectives are laid out to achieve the goals of the course. These objectives
are to be achieved by the time the candidate completes the course. The objectives may be
considered under the subheadings
1. Knowledge (Cognitive domain): Knowledge and information about the subject, Recall
of and Analysis of available information to be used for the treatment of patients.
2. Skills (Psycho motor domain): The correct skills to be developed by working in a dry
lab as well as surgeries on animals (Minimal access Surgery). He/She should develop
surgical skills by assisting seniors as well as being assisted by seniors
3. Human values: Ethics involved in Surgical practice