MD PathologyVardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
Price on request
- New delhi
Safdarjung Hospital was founded during the Second World War in 1942 as a Base Hospital for the allied forces. It was taken over by the Govt. of India in 1954 under the Ministry of Health. It has grown over the years into one of the largest tertiary level multi disciplinary healthcare institutions in this part of the World. Based on the needs and developments in Medical Care the hospital has been regularly upgrading its facilities from diagnostic and therapeutic angles in all the specialties. Various laboratories of the Pathology Department developed from time to time. The Hospital further expanded in the field of academics and the UCMS ( university College of Medical Science started functioning which was latter on shifted to Shadhara . The Academic growth of the hospital continued and Vardhman Mahavir Medical college( VMMC) was established in 2001.
Course of Pathology : Course of Pathology is set up in Different areas of VMMC and Hospital and consists of Hospital and the teaching units.
Thus the various units of the pathology department are
(1) Teaching Unit VMMC, 4th floor
(2) Histopathology and Cytopathology ICMR, 5th Floor
(3) Clinical Pathology, Causality Building, 2nd floor.
(4) Hematology, H-Block ( Under deptt of Medicine)
(5) Orthopedics Pathology ( Under deptt of Orthopedic)
(6) Blood Bank and Transfusion Medicine, CSSR Building, 2nd