MD ( Pharmacology and T herapeutics)MAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Price on request
MD ( Pharmacology and T herapeutics)
Duration of the course -36 months [6 semisters]
1. Introduction to pharmacology and its branches.
2. Selection of dissertation topic
3. Rotation in labs
4. Teaching duties
1. Teaching duties
2. Extra mural posting like clinical posting
3. Dissertation work
4. Rotation in labs
1. Dissertation completion
2. Teaching duties
3. Rotation in labs
For this following topics could be included in theory /practicals of MD (pharmacology)
TEACHING LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Learning and teaching opportunities will essentially be self directed and will involve
1. Experimental Pharmacology
· Animal experiments-ethics,limits, research insights, animal house.
· Screening methods for drug evaluations and experimental models-general and
· Drug assays
· Methods of assays
· Toxicological screening
· Pharmacokinetics experiments
· Principles of analytical instrumentation
· Basics of Computers in pharmacology, data base creation
2. Clinical Pharmacology:
· Would include all aspects related with drug trials....ICH -GCP guidelines ,ICMR
· Role of DCI/DCGI,
· protocol designing ,
· basic statistics,
· laws related to drug research including ayurvedic /herbal drugs,
· Taking informed consent etc.
· ADR Monitor
· Therapeutic Drug monitoring
· Pharmacoepidemiology, utilization studies
· Drug estimations in biological fluids
· Sources of drug information, DATA INTERPRETATIONS
· Advances in clinical pharmacology
· Essential drug listing
3. Drug store management
· Functions of drug store,
· Role of pharmacologist in drug store ,
· ABC/VED classification of drugs,
· Use of computers in drug store, routine administration,
4. Teaching/Academics/personality development related topics:
· Microteaching/ TOS ( teachers oriented sessions)
Teaching experiences: The candidate will be regularly involved in the teaching of
undergraduate medical and nursing students
· Conducting mock workshop/s and conference/s.
· Presentation skills /group discussions.
· Knowledge about patents , IPRS etc
· Computer aided learning ( CAL) .
· Web searching for medical literature.
· Scientific paper writing etc.
5. Clinical case discussions:
Post diagnosis discussions on 5cases from clinical side.
Documentation of these cases in logbook.
6. Computer simulated dog BP exercise:
Identification of unknown drug on Computer simulated dog BP exercise.