MD in PsychiatryGoverment Medical College , Amritsar
Price on request
Candidates are eligible for entrance to these courses after completing Internship. The number of seats in each course is decided from time to time. Admissions are made through Punjab Post Graduate Test for 75% of the seats and the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination conducted by DGHS, New Delhi remaining 25%seats. Reservation of seats for scheduled castes/ tribes and Other Backward Classes is made according to State Government rules. These are 3 year courses during which the doctor is attached to the respective department where he/she works as a resident. Course content and structure are as directed by Medical Council of India. Resident doctors receive hands on training in emergencies pertaining to that specialty, outpatient and inpatient management (including diagnosis and treatment), ward procedures, teaching of undergraduates and postgraduates and community services. Surgical residents are trained in the principles of surgery and actually operate under supervision. During the 3 year period, the student also does research and writes a thesis. Application for registration of the thesis topic can be made 12 months after admission to the course. A student is eligible to appear at the MD or MS examination provided he/she has obtained the MBBS degree, has completed 12 months Internship and subsequently put in 3 years continuous work as junior resident in the department concerned. The MD / MS degree shall be conferred on the candidate after acceptance of his/her thesis and after passing the prescribed MD / MS examination. The examination consists of written, clinical (or practical) and oral parts.