MDS Oral Pathology and MicrobiologyMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
Oral Pathology deals with the nature of oral diseases, their causes, processes and effects. I t
relates the clinical manifestation of oral diseases to physiologic and anatomic changes associated
with these diseases. It deals with commonly occurring pre malignancies and malignancies and
serves commonly with the scientifically based information. It also deals with application of
dental science to the administration of law and the furtherance of justice.
1. Biostatistics n Research methodology
· Basic Principles of Biostatistics and study as applied to dentistry and Research
· Collection /organization of data/ measurement scales presentation data and
· Measures of central tendency
· Measures of variability
· Sampling and planning of health survey
· Probability, normal distribution and indicative statistics.
· Estimating population values.
· Tests of significance (Parametric/nonparametric qualitative methods).
· Analysis of variance.
· Association, correlation and regression.
· Didactic lectures on Biostatistics an discussion on Research methodology.
· Two day Post graduate orientation course including General approach PG course
,library , Main dissertation, journal club topics selection and presentation,
seminars, clinicopathological meetings, teaching technology and use of
2. Applied Gross Anatomy of Head and Neck including Histology:
· Temporomandibular Joint
· Trigeminal nerve and Facial nerve.
· Muscles of Mastication.
· Salivary glands
· Nerve supply, blood supply, lymphatic drainage and venous drainage of
- Development of face, palate, mandible, maxilla, tongue and applied
aspect of the same.
- Development of teeth and dental tissues and developmental defects of
oral and maxillofacial region and abnormalities of teeth.
· Maxillary sinus.
· Jaw muscles and facial muscles