MDS: Oral SurgerySDM College of Dental Sciences & Hospital
Price on request
MDS: Oral Surgery
The college offer number of courses, one of the course is MDS: Oral Surgery. This course is offer under the department of Oral Surgery. The Craniofacial Surgery and Research Centre established in 1998 with the aim of providing quality care at affordable cost, is today a part of the extensive infrastructure of the S.D.M. College of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Dharwad, and one among a few state of the art super-speciality hospitals in the country. Spread over an area of 50000 sq. ft., the Craniofacial Surgery centre is equipped with state of the art facilities to house and treat 50 in-patients.The centre not only has attracted patients from all over the country, but also eminent surgeons of repute from different parts of the world to perform surgeries and conduct teaching sessions.
PG course consist of 3 years of intensive training in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery and allied Medical specialities. The postgraduate trainee spends their first 10 months performing minor oral surgery. During this period they also attend lectures in basic sciences and appear Part A MFDS exams conducted by Royal college of Surgeons of Glasgow. On completion, the trainees do an 12 month rotation in Allied medical specialities. The training comprises of -
* 3 months in Regional Neuroscience Centre.
* 2 months in Karnataka Cancer Therapy and Research Institute.
* 1 ½ month in General Surgery, SDM Medical College.
* 1 ½ month in General Medicine, SDM Medical College.
* 1 month in Orthopaedics, Kshema & Deshpande Orthopaedic Centre.
* 1 month in Orthodontic. SDM Dental College.
* 1 month in Radiology Dept. of SDM Medical College.
* 15 days in Ophthalmology., SDM Medical College
* 15 days in ENT, SDM Medical College.
On completion of the rotation the students undergo 14 months training in all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. They assist / operate various surgical procedures and are involved with inpatient management. The student also has to complete a research project and submit to the Rajeev Gandhi Health University as partial requirement towards completion of the postgraduate training.