MDS Paedodontics and Preventive DentistryMaharastra University of Health science
Price on request
1. Applied Anatomy
2. Applied Physiology
3. Applied Pathology
4. Nutrition and Dietics
5. Growth & Development : Prenatal and Postnatal development of cranium, face, jaws, teeth and
supporting structures. Chronology of dental development and development of occlusion. Dimensional
changes in dental arches. Cephalometric I; evaluation of growth.
6. Child Psychology : Development & Classification of behavior, personality, intelligence in children,
theories child psychology, stages of psychological child development, fear anxiety, apprehension & its management
7. Behavior Management : Non - pharmacological & Pharmacological methods.
8. Child Abuse & Dental Neglect
9. Conscious Sedation, Deep Sedation & General Anaesthesia in Paediatric Dentistry : (Including Other
Drugs, Synergic & Antagonistic Actions of Various Drugs Used In children
10. Preventive Pedodontics : Concepts, chair side preventive measures for dental disease, high risk
caries including rampant & extensive caries - Recognition, Features & Preventive Management, Pit
and Fissures Sealants, Oral Hygiene measures, Correlation of brushing with dental caries and
periodontal diseases. Diet & Nutrition as related to dental caries. Diet Counseling.
11. Dental Plaque : Definition, Initiation, Pathogenesis, Biochemistry, and Morphology & Metabolism.
12. Microbiology & Immunology as related to Oral Diseases in Children : Basic concepts, immune system
in human body, Auto Immune diseases, Histopathology, Pathogenesis, Immunology of dental caries,
Periodontal diseases, Tumors, Oral Mucosal lesions etc.