Medical Technology MScAnglia Ruskin University
£ 10,200 - (Rs 8,36,005)
- Chelmsford (England)
What you'll learn on the course
Skills and Training
- Biomedical Basis of DiseaseAt the heart of this MSc is a desire to assist individuals in developing technologies to cope with the unmet needs in the management of disease. In order to achieve this desire it is essential that individuals have a thorough understanding of different types of disease, their causes, diagnosis, treatment and long term management.
- Diagnostic TechnologyGain a critical understanding and knowledge of diagnostic techniques currently in use; the biological indicators that may be used to monitor disease states and your ability to evaluate a novel diagnostic product. Expand your understanding of common physiological values and build on this to discuss biomarkers and how measurement of both of these can be used to diagnose disease and monitor disease progression.
- Innovative Product Design and ManufactureGain an in-depth knowledge of innovative design methods together with time compression technologies that will reduce the time of delivering new products to market.
- Research StudiesDesigned to provide you with a critical overview of the main methodologies and designs applied to research within health and social care, professional practice, regulation and policy. It provides you with an opportunity to explore the theoretical dilemmas that underlie the process of inquiry and its relationship to practice.
- Major ProjectThe major project is at the centre of the Masters award and allows you to demonstrate your creativity and apply the skills and concepts you have learned in the previous modules.
We use a range of assessment methods to enable both you and the university to check your progress during your studies and then to ensure that you meet the required standards when you complete the course.
Although they vary, our assessment strategies are all carefully designed to challenge you so that you expand your critical and creative thinking as well as your problem-solving skills. The assessments will enable you to demonstrate that you can synthesise existing knowledge and accumulate new knowledge, and will evidence the development of your professional practice.
Please note that you will need to complete all of the above core modules. This course does not have any optional modules. Modules are subject to change and availability.
UK & EU students, 2016/17 (per year) £9,200
International students, 2016/17 (per year) £12,700