MoP Training | MoP Management Of PortfoliosThe Knowledge Academy
£ 949 - (Rs 77,423)
- Cardiff (Wales)
What you'll learn on the course
This 5-day MoP course will prepare you to take and pass the MoP Foundation and Practitioner exams. The Foundation part of the course provides base knowledge and theory regarding MoP and its uses while Practitioner will equip you to use this knowledge in real scenarios to either support or advise with portfolio management. The course includes both exams and has been accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
MoP Foundation and Practitioner is a valuable certification in the world of management, demonstrating that the holder is able to manage and prioritise programmes and projects in order to increase their efficiency and deliver maximum benefit to the business.
We recommend reading the first few chapters from the MoP manual before the course begins (this is provided).
This course is open to everyone and there are no prerequisites.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for anybody interested in portfolio management.
- Five days, in two parts
- Part 1 covers training for the Foundation exam, which will be taken on day 3
- Part 2 will cover training for the Practitioner exam, which will be taken on day 5
- The nature of MoP
- The strategic and organizational context
- The five principles of Portfolio Management
- Portfolio definition cycle
- Portfolio delivery cycle
MoP Foundation and Practitioner Exams
- Confirms knowledge and understanding of MoP
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions
- 40 minutes
- Closed book
- Pass mark is 50%
- Confirms you can apply MoP in practice to a scenario
- Objective testing, a type of multiple-choice
- 4 questions, with 20 marks per question
- 3 hours
- Open book (you are allowed to have the MoP guide with you)
- Pass mark is 50%, or 40/80
Why choose The Knowledge Academy?
- We provide you with the official guide to MoP, Management of Portfolios
- You will also receive The Knowledge Academy courseware folder, which has all presentation slides used during training and exam guidance
- We make the learning experience enjoyable
- We are trusted by globally leading brands such as JP Morgan, HSBC and Sony as a learning partner of choice.
- We provide pre- and post-course support so you never feel alone
- All of our training is hands-on, using real-world examples
- As a market leader, we have an extremely high global pass rate
- Over 90% of our delegates come back to us for further training
- We have the best instructors in the industry which is reflected in our position as the market leader for professional qualifications
- We provide value for money and trained over 25,000 delegates last year
- We have some of the most luxurious course venues worldwide
Click ‘Book Now’ or ‘Enquire’ next to the date of your choice and our expert advisors will be in touch.
What is MoP?
Management of Portfolios (MoP) is a best practice framework which enables businesses to make decisions regarding the type of large scale changes which would usually be implemented through projects and programmes. Processes for managing projects and programmes are long established, so MoP is not concerned with micro-managing these things. Instead, the framework takes a top-down approach, focusing the strategy for choosing and delivering these projects, in order to extract maximum benefit from them.
MoP is one of many frameworks managed by AXELOS, an organisation jointly created with the UK government, and is designed to fully align with other AXELOS guidance, such as PRINCE2®, MSP™ and P3O®.
The UK’s Office of National Statistics (ONS) successfully implemented MoP in just 100 days.
In 2012, an organisational change programme recognised the need for portfolio management across ONS. As the organisation did not have the skills to deliver this on their own, they decided to use the MoP guidance.
In order to ensure a successful MoP implementation, ONS knew it was critical to gain the support of their staff. They did this by educating staff on the value MoP could bring to the business, using techniques such as graphics and diagrams to present important strategic information in a visually interesting way.
Eventually, MoP allowed ONS to create a Portfolio Delivery Unit (PDU) – a central office through which the organisation’s portfolio could be managed. One again, a key element in the unit’s success was to ensure people understood what it would bring to the company. To accomplish this, the team created a PDU welcome pack which was distributed not just through email but through face to face meetings as well. Through the PDU, each project was reviewed in terms of its benefits and how these aligned with broader business strategy. This ensured that only the most important and relevant projects were carried forwards, freeing up investment in other areas.
Ultimately, MoP at the Office of National Statistics was highly successful because everyone across the organisation, from staff to the board of directors, was made to understand its benefits. The reason ONS were able to implement MoP in just 100 days was because the project had everyone’s backing, meaning they worked together as one team towards the common goal: clearer, more-informed decision making and confident strategies for building the organisation’s future.
MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS limited
Included in your professional certification; one year’s free BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, Associate membership.
Upon passing your examination, make the most of your professional certification and continue your career development with BCS Associate membership. Whether you’re looking for career support through the BCS global skills, training and development framework, SFIAplus, seeking promotion or a network of new contacts, we’re here to support you. BCS membership provides exclusive access to resources, content and opportunities that will enrich your career.
BCS Membership allows you to give back to society. Some of the industry’s challenges are around personal data, health, education, and IT capabilities. By becoming part of our professional community you can get involved and do your bit to make IT good for society.
- MoP training provided in luxury nationwide venues
- GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE IN THE INDUSTRY
- Includes pre-course material, manuals, exams and certificates
- Very high MoP delegate pass rates
- The training course is fully accredited by BCS
- Courses delivered by world class MoP training instructors
- Earning potential with MoP qualification between £50k and £85k*
- Book Online or Call 01344 203999 to speak to a MOP training advisor today