MS(By Research) in ChemistryNational Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Price on request
MS(By Research) in Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1971 occupying the whole of the ground floor of western wing of the administrative block. The Department of Chemistry possesses excellent facilities and sophisticated equipments for the students during their course of study. The Department has five laboratories namely, B.E/B.Tech. lab, PG lab, Instrumentation lab, Computer lab and Research lab, which are well equipped to meet the demands of the students. The sophisticated equipments are housed in the extension block.
The Department has a long history of providing PG programmes to students from all over India. Our students contribute immensely to the unique character of the department with a high level of scholarly achievements. The Department continues to be recognized as one of the major post-graduate centers in Chemistry in Tamil Nadu and has been cited for our excellence. Recent achievements include a collaborative investigation study with E.merck, USA, Virginia Tech., USA and National Cancer Institute, USA towards the development of the new drug discovery.
The curriculum is a blend of the conventional and the radical. It is updated regularly to keep up with the growing demands and the challenging trends of the industry and the research laboratories.
To be a world-class center in Basic and Applied Chemistry
* To impart and enhance the advanced knowledge and skills of students and professionals to meet the global challenges.
* To offer effective solutions to the industries through research and consultancies.
* To address rural needs through research and ecofriendly solutions.
* To place our graduates in reputed research organizations and industries in chemical arena.
* To carry out fundamental and applied research in Phyto chemistry, Surface chemistry, Coordination chemistry, Corrosion chemistry, Electro chemistry and Electro chemical Power system.
* To offer consultancy and solutions in the area of Quality Assessment.
* To develop cost effective appropriate technology for providing drinking water to rural masses.
* To provide ecofriendly solutions addressing to environmental problems.