Music Business: Records, Publishing and FinanceCity University London
Price on request
- Short course
- Islington (England)
What you'll learn on the course
- You will map the role of artiste and repertoire within the record and music publishing industries;
- Identify the key functions and responsibilities of the artiste and repertoire team;
- Understand the anatomy of a hit song;
- Prepare budgets for recording sessions;
- Understand the process of recording;
- And identify the main characteristics of particular music markets in the UK.
Teaching and Assessment
The tutor issues printed handouts of budgets and other relevant information being discussed. The projector and white board are also used to identify certain royalty rates and other figures being discussed or explained. There is always a guest speaker, to talk about finance, or producing. Sometimes there will be a visit to a recording studio, if one is available.