The National Institute of Ayurveda, established on 7-2-1976, is an apex Institute
under the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government
of India for promoting the growth and development of Ayurveda as a model Institute
and for evolving high standards of teaching, training, research and patient care and also
to invoke scientific outlook to the knowledge of Ayurveda System of Medicine.
The Institute has a glorious tradition of more than 143 years when the
Department of Ayurveda was started in 1865 in the Maharaja Sanskrit College, Jaipur
which gained popularity as the "Jaipur School of Thought". An independent Ayurvedic
College was established in August 1946 by the Government of Rajasthan and this
College in the country to start Post-Graduate Education in Ayurveda way back in 1970.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To promote the growth and development of Ayurveda.
2. To produce graduates and post-graduates in all branches of Ayurveda.
3. To conduct research on various aspects of Ayurveda.
4. To provide medical care through Ayurvedic System of Medicine to
the suffering humanity.
5. To provide and assist in providing service and facilities of the highest order
for research evaluation, training, consultation and guidance to Ayurvedic
System of Medicine.
6. To conduct experiments and develop patterns of teaching undergraduate and
post-graduate education in all branches of Ayurveda.