NEBOSH Courses | Health And Safety TrainingThe Knowledge Academy
£ 995 - (Rs 84,879)
- Cardiff (Wales)
What you'll learn on the course
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management will give delegates the theory based knowledge and practical skills they require to protect people and property, in most low risk workplace environments. The Course covers the legislation on fire safety, assisting employers to meet their legal duties, enabling them to safeguard their people and organisation.
You must hold the NGC1, which has been completed within the last 5 years.
Who should attend?
The NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course is for:
- Employees with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace.
- Employees tasked with carrying out fire risk assessments and preventing loss of life and property.
- Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
What will you learn?
- An understanding of how to undertake fire risk assessments in most, low risk workplaces.
- A sound understanding of the principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
- The practical element of the course also ensures that participants can carry out, unaided, a fire risk assessment of a low risk workplace.
- Ability to prepare a recommendations report for management.
- The opportunity for those that have already achieved NGC1 within the last five years to simply take other units to achieve additional NEBOSH qualifications.
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
Element 1: Managing fire safety
The moral, legal and financial consequences of inadequate management of fire safety.
The legal framework for the regulation of fire safety in new, altered and existing buildings (including government guidance)
The roles and powers of enforcement agencies and other external agencies in relation to fire safety.
The key features of a fire safety policy.
The purpose of the main sources of external fire safety information.
The purpose of, and the procedures for, investigating fires in the workplace.
The legal and organisational requirements for recording and reporting fire related incidents.
Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
The principles of the combustion process in relation to fire safety.
The principles and conditions for the ignition of solids, liquids and gases.
Identification of the class of fire.
The principles of fire growth and fire spread.
The principles of explosion and explosive combustion.
Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires
Causes of fires and explosions in typical work activities.
Appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks.
Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
The means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings in relation to building construction and design.
The requirements of a means of escape.
The methods and systems available to give early warning in case of fire, both for life safety and property protection.
Selection procedures for basic fire extinguishing methods for both life risk and process risk.
Requirements for ensuring access for the fire service is provided and maintained.
Element 5: Safety of people in the event of a fire
Purpose and typical content of a fire emergency plan.
Development and maintenance of a fire evacuation of a fire.
The perception and behaviour of people in the event of a fire.
Appropriate training requirements.
Element 6: Fire safety risk assessment
Aims and objectives of fire safety risk assessments.
Principles and practice of fire safety risk assessments including principles of prevention.
Matters to be considered in a risk assessment of dangerous substances and measures to be taken to control risk.
Steps to minimise the environmental impact of fire and firefighting operations.
Training course d elivered by Phoenix HSC (UK) Limited
- The NEBOSH Course is Fully Accredited
- GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE IN THE INDUSTRY
- The NEBOSH Course Includes Pre-Course Material, Manuals & Certificate
- Gain Essential Skills in meeting Fire Safety Responsibilites at Work
- Become an Expert in the Principles of Fire & Explosion
- Small Class Sizes for optimum delegate-trainer interaction
- Courses delivered by World Class NEBOSH Training instructors
- NEBOSH Training in Luxury Nationwide Venues
- Book Online or Call 01344 203999 to speak to a NEBOSH Training advisor today